This month in Chicago, nearly 30 organizations banded together to announce their collaborated effort to spread awareness of the many diverse career paths available in the real-estate industry. Among them was the Appraisal Institute, who also posted an article about the event here.
The collection of real-estate groups together represents over 10 million different possible career paths and job titles in the industry. Targeting professionals of all ages seeking employment, their message is clear: There is a place for you here.
They group has already started their first initiative, a website they call Careers Building Communities that can apparently match people up with careers in the industry. The Appraisal Institute writes-
“[the site] allows visitors to navigate through the scores of career paths across all sectors of real estate. For the first time, students in high school, college, technical programs and community colleges can explore possible career pathways within real estate by taking an interactive quiz and discover career opportunities. As the industry seeks to fill millions of jobs, this site serves as an all-inclusive resource for students, educators, career changers and other stakeholders to explore the unlimited opportunities in the field of real estate”.
Industries change and grow over time; it is the nature of business to evolve. We have already talked in previous posts about the future of valuations, and even now we are beginning to see a shift in how lenders operate, but one thing to remember that the article does not mention is that the “scores of career paths” available may not be the same sort of opportunities that are common in today’s market. You have to consider the evolution of business and technology, which could open up even more possibilities for the future. There may be jobs that we could not even conceive of today that will be indispensable in ten years time, or a career path that has been consistent for decades may look nothing like it once did. Class Appraisal is truly honored to be a part of this industry in this current time, and we cannot wait to be there for what happens next.
Below is a full list of groups that have participated in the Careers Building Communities initiative-
- American Institute of Architects
- American Resort Development Association
- American Society of Interior Designers
- American Society of Landscape Architects
- Appraisal Institute
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc.
- Associated General Contractors
- Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate
- BOMI International: Independent Institute for Property and Facility Management Education
- Building Owners and Managers Association International
- CCIM Institute
- Construction Management Association of America
- Construction Specifications Institute
- CoreNet Global
- Counselors of Real Estate
- CREW Network
- Institute of Real Estate Management
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- International Facility Management Association
- International Interior Design Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- NAIOP: Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- National Apartment Association
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- National Multifamily Housing Council
- The Real Estate Roundtable
- Realtors Land Institute
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors
- Urban Land Institute Worldwide