**Please review the guidelines below. When you click the link at the bottom of the page, you are acknowledging that you have read and accept these guidelines.**
Class Valuation values every client and every Appraisal we manage.
We welcome and encourage you to use the Appraisal Reconsideration process to bring to light any concerns you may have with the appraisal report.
REQUESTS RECEIVED AFTER 3PM EST WILL BE PROCESSED THE FOLLOWING BUSINESS DAY.
ONLY 4 CLOSED MLS SALES MAY BE SUBMITTED
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION, AS IT WILL INCREASE THE CHANCES OF A POSITIVE OUTCOME.
The most common Reconsideration Request issues are:
- Supplying sales already used by the appraiser in the report.
- Supplying active/pending listings.
- Supplying sales that all have a substantially larger or smaller size than the subject (typically +/-20-25%).
- Supplying sales further away than those already used.
- Supplying sales that have better amenities/condition/quality.
- Supplying sales based on the “price per square foot” methodology. The appraisal process requires the consideration of many more factors than this basic pricing method can afford.
If you would still like to file a reconsideration, please read on and accept the terms below.
Conditions of the Reconsideration:
- We typically send up to (4) four alternate closed MLS sales.
- The sales should have taken place prior to the effective date of the appraisal.
- Please avoid including active listings, or pending sales. These are typically discounted by the appraiser.
- The alternate sales supplied should be like those the appraiser has used; according to Fannie Mae standards.
- Please fill in the online form. It is difficult to adequately process or track the request otherwise.
- Please add comments in the available section at the bottom.
- Questions on adjustment amounts are best avoided.
- Jumbo loans for specific clients sometimes do not qualify for the reconsideration process.
Class Valuation agrees to handle your reconsideration request as follows:
- We will review your concerns quickly and thoroughly.
- Reconsiderations may take up to 2 days or more, depending on circumstances.
- The rebuttal request is for the appraiser to consider all reasonable information supplied; Class Valuation cannot direct the appraiser.
- This is a request of the appraiser (not Class Valuation) to reconsider alternate sales and some limited commentary. The appraiser has complete independence from all parties in the transaction. When the appraiser responds to the reconsideration, we will audit the report to make sure everything follows industry compliance. Please remember, the appraiser has the ultimate decisions on the report. If the appraiser rejects the alternate sales, it will be explained in the report.
- Multiple requests tend to lack impact. To refrain from value influence and to obtain the best possible results, we typically process one (1) reconsideration.